Posted by adashofsugar
So yesterday, I filled the typical woman stereotype by going to the store for what else: chocolate chips and diet coke. Two of my favorite things! As I was roaming the isles of the amazing HEB (greatest grocery store in the world… I don’t know how I ever survived without it) I came upon another one of my favorite things– NUTELLA!!! And as if I wasn’t already inclined to buy it, it was on sale, $4 for the big jar! This never happens, so of course, I seized the amazing deal and took that opportunity to finally create my newest Nutella creation! And thus, the Nutella Hazelnut Cookies were born! And because of my love for Nutella, I couldn’t just have it in the batter, but I decided to FILL the cookies with it too! If you are a Nutella lover, I PROMISE you will not be disappointed! These cookies are soft, VERY Nutella-y, and perfect! And the hazelnuts add a nice flavor and crunch to the cookie. So in short, these cookies will make your wildest Nutella dreams come true! So no more hesitating, let’s get started!!!
*Baking soda is in the picture, but NOT in the recipe! I was a baking machine the day I took this, and accidentally put that in, SORRY!
You’ll need to…
Pre-heat your oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, mix together your flour, salt and baking soda and set aside for later. In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl), beat together your butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
Lower the speed of your mixer, and add in the egg and vanilla. Then add in the Nutella.
Add the flour mixture, and mix until everything is well incorporated.
Add in the hazelnuts (and chocolate chips if you choose) and mix until evenly distributed.
These babies are so gooey, so rich with Nutella… they will rock your Nutella world! They are easy to make, and oh so delicious! I AM IN LOVE 🙂
Now, I made these two ways- with chocolate chips in the batter, and without! Both are ever so tasty! I prefer them without the chocolate chips, because it keeps the flavor of the cookies entirely focused on the Nutella, but they really are delicious with or without! If you make them, you should try them both ways too to figure out which you like better!
I hope you enjoyed seeing how these are made… I wish you could have joined me! You REALLY have to try making these, I promise you will be extremely happy you did!
If you have any questions/comments/suggestions, leave them for me!!!
Here’s the full recipe…
Nutella Hazelnut Cookies
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
½ cup Nutella, plus extra for filling
¾ tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
½ cup chocolate chips ***optional
You’ll need to…
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, mix together your flour, salt and baking soda and set aside for later.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large bowl), beat together your butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed of your mixer, and add in the egg and vanilla. Then add in the Nutella.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add in the hazelnuts (and chocolate chips if you choose) and mix until evenly distributed.
- Form spoonfuls of cookie dough into a ball, and then flatten. In the middle, place about ½ a tablespoon of Nutella, and then roll the dough back into a ball, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes, and remove from the oven. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.