So to continue with the treats from last weekend, I decided to bring you a breakfast sweet! Now, we are all working women, so when the weekend hits, NOTHING is better than sleeping in and relaxing. So instead of getting up early to make a big breakfast for my girlfriends, I decided to sleep in a little, and make a smaller, but OH SO TASTY breakfast– croissants! But instead of just plain croissants, I decided to mix it up, and fill them with some of my favorite things– chocolate, nutella, and raspberry cream cheese! And boy, were they yummy! Now I didn’t make the pastry dough from scratch this time because I didn’t have a lot of time (a girls gotta sleep) but I will post my recipe for home made pastry dough soon! So let’s get started…
You’ll need… (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture this time!)
- 2 packages Pillsbury Croissants (i got the larger, flakier crust kind, and they worked wonderfully!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
- 3/4 pint raspberries
- 4 oz (1/2 package) Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
Filled Breakfast Croissants
2 packages Pillsbury Croissants
1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 cup Nutella
3/4 pint raspberries
4 oz (1/2 package) Cream Cheese
1/4 cup sugar
You’ll need to…
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together your cream cheese and sugar, until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mash your raspberries with a fork. Add to the cream cheese mixture, and mix until well blended.
- Open and un-roll your croissant dough. Add a heaping spoonful of each filling (chocolate chips, nutella, and raspberry cream cheese) to each croissant, and roll up. (Pinch the sides of each to keep the fillings from coming out.) I made 4 croissants with each filling, and 4 plain.
- Place on a cookie sheet, and bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt your remaining chocolate chips in the microwave. Drizzle over your chocolate filled croissants.
- In a small bowl, heat your remaining nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Drizzle over your nutella filled croissants.
- Place on a plate, and serve!