Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Posted by adashofsugar
Welcome to my very first blog post! I have been so excited about getting this thing up and running, and it is finally here! I really thought for a long time about which recipe is should post first, there are so many yummy treats you all need to try! But after lots of thought (and talking about it with my good friend Marissa) I decided I needed to start off with a classic– something that is pretty easy, but oh so delicious! So here we are, with Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! I have made this recipe for my friends, family, and the doctors I work for, and they all really like them! They are definitely one of my FAVORITE treats, and I really think you will like this recipe! So let’s not waste anymore time, here we go:
You’ll need to…
Pre-heat your oven to 325° F. In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter (make sure it is softened, or you will have some problems), brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Once smooth, beat in the egg, and then add the vanilla and mix in.
Now that you’re done, you can serve your cookies to friends and family, eat them all yourself, scoop some vanilla ice cream on top and eat, however you like ’em! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Now I’m off to eat some cookies… 🙂
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave questions/comments/anything you want to tell me!
Here’s the full recipe:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cups all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
You’ll need to…
- Pre-heat the oven to 325° F
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, and then add the vanilla and mix in.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then combine with the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Then mix in the oats.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (make sure they are evenly mixed in so each cookie gets it’s share of chocolate yummies.)
- Place spoonfuls of dough on a cookie sheet, and bake for 14-17 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a wire cooling rack.